That’s a question we pondered ourselves as we began creating a blog for our new website. It didn’t take us long to unanimously agree that blogs are a worthwhile investment.
Here are a few reasons why.
- Blogs are an excellent vehicle to add value for existing and potential clients by giving them free professional advice and information they will find helpful. The key is to blog about topics you know your customers will care about. By sharing your experience and knowledge, and offering information your customers will value, you will build stronger relationships that can ultimately help drive sales.
- Blogs are a great way to connect with existing customers in a way that advertising doesn’t. Although advertising is still an important component of your communications strategy, a blog lets you interact with your customers in a more spontaneous and informal manner.
- Blogs are a golden opportunity to talk about more than just the products and services you sell. They provide a platform to offer insight into your company’s values, philosophy, and commitment to your customers and to your industry. For example, you can highlight charitable events your company may be involved with, or offer commentary on important industry issues that impact your customers. Giving readers a more personal view of who you are as a company helps to build brand loyalty and to deepen the trust your customers have in you, which again, can translate into sales.
- Of course, blogs are also a perfect venue to discuss topics related to your products and services, and to direct people interested in those products or services (via hyperlinks) to relevant sections of your website. They’re also a great way to highlight important company news and draw attention to upcoming events the public is invited to attend.
- Blogs also improve search engine optimization (SEO). Well-written blogs offer fresh, new content that is rich in key words – something search engines love!
To fully enjoy the benefits of a blog, it’s critical to provide creative, engaging content that captures the interest of readers – so they’re more likely to return to check out your next blog post.
We can help create effective blog content if you need some assistance.
In next month’s blog post: 12 Tips to Get Your Blog Noticed